Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New recipe

I have been looking for quick and easy recipes that don't take too many ingredients and a lot of time to prepare, because the afternoon rush can be overwhelming at times (esp. on Tuesdays and Thursdays). I have this thing that I must prepare a nice meal for my family every night, it is not something I want to wimp out on, like serving cereal or pb&j or whatever you can find in the pantry, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just feel like dinner time needs to be at the table and it needs to be something I have prepared. Well all of that to say that I found this recipe on Martha Stewart's Everyday Food website while browsing for recipes to try. It was really quick and easy and super *yummy*. And it can be prepared with one hand, meaning a baby in one arm and making dinner with the other. Some how Mally's feeding time happened at the same time I was trying to get dinner ready. Anyway we all got to eat a nice meal last night.


BAKED ZITI
Coarse salt and ground pepper
8 ounces ziti rigate (ridged) or other short pasta
1 cup part-skim ricotta
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) best-quality tomato sauce (about 3 1/2 cups)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions; drain and reserve.
2. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and half the mozzarella; season with salt and pepper.
3. In the bottom of a shallow 2-quart casserole dish, spread half the tomato sauce. Top with ziti, then ricotta mixture and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and remaining mozzarella. Place casserole on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until top is browned and sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.

I served it with a garden salad for David and I and Lindsey had pears.

So what's for dinner tonight? Not sure yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails