Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Working through some business ideas

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to grow my business more. I quit my corporate job last May in order to stay at home with the girls and also grow my monogramming business. It has taken some adjustment to being at home after working for so long, but I am determined to find a balance for things. For instance Mallory is in mother's day out two days a week, those are the days I will set aside for work, no housework or extra stuff those days, I need to be working on inventory and business realated stuff. Sure, things will come up and I will deal with them as they do. Work smarter, not harder right? I like the monogramming business I get, ( the towels, sheets, blankets etc) that get dropped off, however I want to add more things that people can actually buy, not just the service of monogramming. I got together with a friend today, who also has a home business, we were able to brainstorm through some ideas for each other. It was so great talking with another Mom who is on the same page as I am. I have realized I need to have a more focused business offering, right now I have people calling with all sorts of things from can you *make some curtains* to *can you hem pants* and while that is OK, I need to come up with a list of things that I am willing to do and stick to that. It is OK to say *No* right? I am feeling positive about some changes I am making, I know this will be a good year.

post signature

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

YES, learn and know that it is OK o say NO!!!! even if your hubby says .. "You should have said yes for the extra couple of bucks." My hubby often makes me feel guilty when I say no which is not often. Know you have limits and other things you are trying to juggle. I stay home as well, have a small embroidery business and sub at my daughter's school ... sometimes it's hard to find a comfy medium. Stick with it...you'll get it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails