Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend

I met my friend Jessica at the Germantown Festival on Saturday, just the Moms. As usual it was hot, it seems it is always hot on the weekend of the festival. Anyway I really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the cool stuff that other crafters are making. Jessica and I are BIG crafters, we were meant to be friends and thanks to our girls we are. We found some really cute ceramic charm necklaces, garden flags, lamp shades and some really cool tie-dye clothing. But not the "typical" tie-dye, this was more of a boutique style of tie-dye. I purchased a couple of things for Lindsey for the cooler weather (and I am ready for the cooler weather).

I spent the rest of the afternoon and part of Sunday organizing my sewing room, well it really is not only a sewing room anymore. It has expanded to a "sewing, monogramming, scrapbooking, bucket making and whatever else I decided to make" room. Maybe I should call it my "studio".

My monogramming business (Lindsey's Closet) is starting to pick up for the holiday season, so I will shift gears and get ready for that. I have enjoyed the down time from the monogramming but I am ready to start creating again. Remember the scrapbooking "to do" I mentioned? I found a tutorial on digi scrapbooking and decided to take a whirl at it. Here is the result:

I guess it's not bad for a first attempt. I found the tutorial here. It was very easy to follow and I really enjoyed it. I love these pictures of Lindsey and David's Dad (aka Grandpa Twiggs). Lindsey and Grandpa Twiggs only get to see each other a couple of times a year, so they really make the most of their time together. I am experimenting with some other layouts and will post those when complete.

Later

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails