Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The News...

OK, remember me talking about this and this. Well after much planning and praying and just deciding to do it, I have decided to quit my job and stay at home with the girls. The decision really was not a hard one to make, it was just a matter of adjusting some things to make it work and of course getting David comfortable with the idea of giving up the extra income. It seemed as though every corner I turned God was there giving me signs that I needed to do this. I have pretty much worked my entire adult life, started working in high school and worked while attending college. I have been with the same company for the last 13 years, I met David during that time. I have met a lot of great people along the way and some not so great (I think they are long gone, but anyway). It seems after I had Mallory something struck in me and I realized my place was at home, I kind of ignored it for a bit thinking it was hormones etc. but the feeling never left. I went back to work and continued with the tasks assigned, although my heart truly was not in it anymore. I think when I really knew it was time was back in March, during Lindsey's spring break I took the week off to spend with her and Mallory, she made the comment to me towards the end of the week when I was getting dinner ready that I didn't seem so stressed out to get everything done and that I seemed much happier being at home. I nearly broke into tears, that is not how I want my girls to remember me, *the stressed out crazy woman trying to get everything done*. Gosh I just *love her so much*, she always has a way of pointing out the obvious, I love that about her. So my last day is May 16. WOW, I am nervous and excited all at the same time. Kind of bitter sweet.

I do plan to work from home, I have my etsy shop up and running {still needs some tweaking when time permits...in a few weeks :) }, I have monogramming orders coming in and other fun stuff in the works. Things are looking great. I am excited to start this new chapter in our lives. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

CG said...

Congratulations on your decision! How exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails